Finding a career, or just a job, is much different today than it was even 10 years ago. The market is constantly changing, new skills are needed on a regular basis, and what works today may not work tomorrow. We understand these issues, and can help clients navigate them successfully, for short and long-term results.
EvoLibri is a proud participant in a variety of local and national efforts to change the game in diversity hiring, such as SAP’s Autism at Work and Expandability’s Autism Advantage, as well as publishing our own Workplace Adaptability Program training materials for use across the nation. This program runs continuously in our Santa Clara office, and is open to all job-seekers ages 17 and up.
Career/Vocation & Transition Assessment and Counseling — We have developed an assessment and planning protocol combining standard assessment tools (Strong Interest Inventory, Myers Briggs, SkillScan) along with our own proprietary assessment tools, in order to get a ‘360’ view of the client’s interests, abilities, personality – along with a realistic look at what fundamental skills might be missing and what barriers to success might exist. Once we have identified one or more career paths, we then build a road map of how the client can work toward those career goals. Items we include are:
- Career-targeted volunteer, apprenticeship, internship, and gap year opportunities
- Both local, state, and national professional organizations and casual interest groups to join
- Job demand for the identified careers based on projections by the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, along with our knowledge of industry trends in the Bay Area
- Salary review of projected entry-level earnings based on Bay Area information, and where possible, potential career trajectories
- Local (and upon request, targeted out-of-area) resources for post-secondary education or training for the desired careers
- As needed, assistance in registration and enrollment in classes, as well as applying for disability status to obtain ADA accommodations
Job Development — Both for private and Department of Rehabilitation clients, we also work with our
clients to help them reach their career goals, be they small or large. Starting with ‘where the client is’, we develop a plan — whether it’s starting with pre-employment skills building through volunteering or taking classes at local community colleges, or brushing up a resume to ensure that appropriate key words are included for search, we guide clients through the process of employment. Using our proprietary Workplace Adaptability Assessment, and corollary training modules, we can ascertain areas of strengths and weaknesses, and train pro-workplace skills. We work with a wide variety of clientele in terms of ability and age, and use our standard philosophy of collaboration to work with other service providers, both in EvoLibri, and in the community. Services regularly provided include:
- Mapping out career goals
- Resume writing and master application generation (as needed)
- Mock interviewing
- Job application guidance, including following up with employers
- Job coaching, either on-site with client or transparently in off-hours
- Following up with the client on how the job is going
- If necessary, helping clients ask for ADA accommodations — with or without disclosure
For clients who will disclose their disability prior to employment:
- Preselling clients for specific jobs
- Securing job coaches and prepping them on specific needs
- Ensuring ADA requirements are being met
- Following up with both the client and the employer on how the client is doing in the placement
EvoLibri is a Department of Rehabilitation vendor in all 13 Bay Area counties. Current DoR clients throughout the State of California may ask to have their case transferred to us, and we can also help non-DoR clients determine if they may qualify for services through the DoR.
Looking for more? Check out our Downloads page for intake and registration forms, podcasts, meditation exercises, and much more!